Pulling together a home theater system on the low down...building a Windows 7 Media Center server, Windows 7 Media Center client, hooking the whole thing up to a Samsung LCD and Panasonic stereo system. This entry will keep track of sources, tips and tricks I pick along the way and a fair share of venting!
- Samsung LN37A550 (kitchen)
- Samsung LN46A650 (living room)
Windows 7 Media Center server components
- Case: Cooler Master 690
- Motherboard: Gigabyte MA78GM
- CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750
- Memory: Kingson HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB)
- Disk: Seagate Barracude 7200.11 1.5TB 3.5" SATA
Sites worth noting in the adventure
As I come across good sites (and bad!), I'll post them here.
AVS Forum: good site with lots of comments on building and installing home theater systems
Beach Camera: site for good prices. Solid reviews on Yelp.
Mono Price: good site for cables / connectors. reasonable prices.
New Egg Shopping Cart (as of April 4th, 2009)
Cart Item List: